Our Investment Philosophy Is Centered On Three Principles
A Clear Definition Of Investment And Performance Objectives: Fleurus helps its clients through this part of the investment process using a series of financial templates and questionnaires aimed at establishing realistic risk and performance objectives.
A Focus On Asset Allocation: Using expected return calculations for each asset and sub asset class, Fleurus assists its clients in identifying the asset allocation that best fits them. Based on return projections and the level of risk that each client is able and willing to take we arrive, collaboratively, at what we consider to be your target investment portfolio.
The Reduction Of On-Going Investment Costs: Fleurus generally favors investments in cost-efficient investment vehicles and, in the absence of significant market-moving events, limits its trading activity to the number of transactions necessary to achieve and maintain each client’s target asset allocation.
- We allocate time and resources to establish with you your long-term performance objectives, based on needs and circumstances.
- After conducting a careful evaluation of risk and return parameters for each asset and sub asset class we propose an asset mix that best satisfies those constraints.
- The portfolio that we arrive at is typically composed of carefully selected and analyzed low cost index funds or Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
- These investment vehicles allow us to minimize total portfolio expenses, a serious drag on long-term investment performance.
Step by Step Approach
- Gather and evaluate the client’s personal and financial information
- Ascertain performance goals and risk tolerance
- Assess other potential portfolio constraints, if any
- Propose a template portfolio
- Build the portfolio over time (generally within a three to six months period, depending on market conditions)
- Periodically review the portfolio performance, allocations and risk
- Re-balance the portfolio, at a minimum annually, or more frequently as market conditions demand it
- Meet with client to review portfolio performance and discuss adjustments, if needed